COURT SECURITY OFFICERS
The Macon County Sheriff's Office will be receiving applications to establish an eligibility list for Court Security Officers of Macon County. Applications may be obtained at the Macon County Sheriff's Office (333 S. Franklin Street, Decatur, Illinois, Phone number 217-424-1321) between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm. This will commence on December 7, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Applications must be turned into the Sheriff's Office by December 31st at 12 (noon).
To be appointed to the Office, an applicant must meet such standards as:
1. 21 years of age or older.
2. Vision corrected to 20/20, free of color blindness and weight proportionate to height.
3. Not have any physical or mental disability, which would render him/her incapable of performing the duties of the position.
4. High School graduate or equivalent.
5. Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
6. Possess a valid Illinois Driver's license.
7. Be fingerprinted and successfully pass a background investigation as to reputation and character.
8. Successfully pass oral interviews.
9. Successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen at the Employer's expense.
10. No applicant shall have been convicted of a felony offense or a crime of moral turpitude under the laws of Illinois or any other state.
11. Live within 40 miles of the Macon County Sheriff's Office, within one year after being appointed as a certified employee.
12. May be required to successfully complete Basic Correctional Officer Training Course.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER