The Macon County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Officers assigned to the Macon County Jail are responsible for the supervision of inmates, maintaining jail security, ensuring inmate welfare and safety and strict adherence to policy and procedures.
- Must turn 21 years of age within the 1st year of employment
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Graduated high school or possess a G.E.D.
- Have a valid Illinois Driver's License
- Have no felony convictions or disqualifying misdemeanor convictions
- Must be able to work any shift
Corrections Officer starting salary is $35,003. After successful completion of a one-year probationary period, salary is $41,180. Uniforms are provided by the Macon County Sheriff's Office. Health/dental insurance and the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund are offered to all corrections officers.
Individuals hired into the Corrections Division must successfully complete a 1 year probationary period. During the probationary period officers will receive 5 weeks training from the Illinois Training Board and must successfully pass a written exam for certification as a Corrections Officer.
Applications can be obtained at the Macon County Jail, located on the 2nd floor of the Law Enforcement Center, between the hours of 8:00am and 9:30pm, 7 days a week.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER